Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails/Grape)
At RNC we are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering team building multiple large-scale Web and Web Services API applications that will reach tens of millions of users nationwide to significantly impact the future of our country by revitalizing voters from coast to coast. We are building new software product lines, products, tools, and infrastructure that will be used by our party and candidates as they campaign to win elections. We are committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability and personal growth.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support to build applications and APIs primarily using Ruby-Grape framework
- Implement all aspects of application design – high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, environment configuration, and testing.
- Closely collaborate with Front-End Engineering, DevOps, and other teams
- Bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work every day
- Consistent performance at the highest levels in a dynamic team
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of experience with the Ruby on Rails and/or Grape frameworks
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and software engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience building RESTful Web Services and APIs is a must
- Experience with tools like Middleman, RSpec, Minitest, Fixtures
- Experience with Relational Databases and ORM technologies
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse, OLAP Cubes, and ETL processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced agile/scrum programming environment
- Candidate is required to work on-site at Washington D.C. office
- Candidate must have B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered. We are unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas or hire candidates on Optional Practical Training (OPT).
We offer competitive pay, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Vacation, Sick Leave and other benefits.