Software Engineer (Django/Python)
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. Individuals will be working on a large-scale Web, Web service API and Data Warehouse applications that will reach tens of millions of users nationwide and will have a huge impact on the future of the country by revitalizing voters coast to coast. Individual must have a strong passion for technology and software and willing to work in a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability.
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support to build applications and APIs primarily using Django/Python framework
- Implement all aspects of application design – high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, environment configuration, and testing.
- Closely collaborate with Front-End Engineering, DevOps, and other teams
- Implement data integration solutions with products in our ecosystem
- Bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work every day
- Consistent performance at the highest levels in a dynamic team
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience with the Django/Python web framework
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with building RESTful Web Services, APIs using Django REST Framework (DRF)
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse, OLAP Cubes, and ETL processes
- Experience working in a fast paced agile/scrum programming environment
- Work location on-site at Washington D.C. with easy access to public transportation.
- Candidate must have B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered. We are unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas or hire candidates with EAD card or on Optional Practical Training (OPT)
We offer competitive pay, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Vacation, Sick Leave and other benefits.