Ruby on Rails/Grape Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. Individual will be working on a large-scale Web and Web service API applications that will reach tens of millions of users nationwide and will have a huge impact on the future of our country by revitalizing voters coast to coast. Individual must have a strong passion for technology and software and willing to work in a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support to build applications and APIs primarily using Ruby-Grape framework
- Implement all aspects of application design – high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, environment configuration, and testing.
- Closely collaborate with Front-End Engineering, DevOps, and other teams
- Bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work every day
- Consistently perform at the highest levels in a dynamic team
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience with the Ruby on Rails and/or Grape frameworks
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and software engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience building RESTful Web Services and APIs
- Experience with tools like Middleman, RSpec, Minitest, Fixtures
- Experience with Relational Databases and ORM technologies
- Experience working in a fast paced agile/scrum programming environment
- Candidate should have B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered
- Work location on-site at Washington D.C. with easy access to public transportation
We offer competitive pay, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Vacation, Sick Leave and other benefits.